Powerex and Mitsubishi continue to expand their product offering with the newest power semiconductor technology, Silicon Carbide. SiC offers significant advantages over traditional silicon-based devices in power applications requiring low losses, high frequency switching and/or high temperature environments. This product line includes cutting edge SiC (silicon carbide) MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) modules as well as hybrid Si/SiC (Si IGBT/SiC SBD) modules.
- High Efficiency Inverters
- High Frequency Power Supplies
- High Temperatures Environment
- Energy Saving Power Systems (fans, pumps and consumer appliances)
- High Frequency Type Power Systems (UPS, high speed motor drives, induction heating, welder and robotics)
- High Temperature Power Systems (power electronics in electric vehicle and aviation systems)